Monday, October 12, 2009

Mei Tai Baby Carrier

Thank you for stopping by to read my blog.  I've been wanting a place to feature all my crocheting, sewing, scrapbooking, and misc craft projects.  I've given my blog the name "Modge Podge Crafting" because I love to do many different types of crafts and depending on my mood it could be anything from crocheting to whimsical one of kind projects.  About the only type of crafting I don't care to do, only because I seem inept at it, is knitting.

So, today I'm going to show you a project I finished while still pregnant with my third baby.  I never used a carrier for my older two children, but knew if I ever had another baby, I wanted a few in my stash.  I found Jan Andrea's website amazing and want to share her excellent detailed instructions along with some photos of the "man tai" in process, finished, and in use. I wanted this carrier to be Todd (husband) friendly and so hopefully he'd be willing to wear the baby, but notice who is wearing Baby Liam in the pictures below.  ;)

My materials.















Pleating the pocket, this was the first time I attempted a pleated pocket and was really happy with how it came out.











The finished mei tai.  I was thrilled with how well it came together!



Up close of the pocket and flap folded over.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
Baby Liam @ 1 week.
 

Charleston RiverDogs Ball Game!

Snoozing while on the move!
Jan Andrea's Baby Crafts










1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the blog! I have a crafting blog, too. I haven't been able to do much on it since I started school, though. Don't give up on the knitting! I can help you if you like.

    ReplyDelete